finished my first day of classes... that was hellish.
I have buckled down. I am actually doing the assigned reading, and trying to do a bit extra so that when I eventually "fall behind" I will actually be exactly where I am supposed to be. My enlgish class is called "Inquiry into Madness" and it is very interesting, and the teacher is hilarious. We are reading "One flew over the Cuckoo's nest, and some people in the class had already read it, and I hadn't, so I made this ambitious desicion to read the book, before she starts assigning reading, so that it's easier to understand the second time through. I have a problem with reading. I just don't like it. But this book is pretty interesting, so it shall be interesting.
I also had psychology today, which was a huge auditorium style class, and I wasn't expecting it to be so big (and neither was the teacher) but it'll be fine as long as I sit in the front.
I also had my math class today and the only thing good to report is that I met a really cute guy. He's not gay (as far as I can tell) and he's older than me. We got in these groups to do the stupid word problems from the book (speaking of which... I must go look at the book because it's not my thing...) and like, the teacher would assign a problem to the group, and this guy would have it figured out before any of us could think about it. Which, in all honesty sucks for me, because I need to be able to think things through.
I also had Choir today, which was awesome and amazing and all of those wonderful words. I love it.
Then after that I went to the Institute building and signed up for three classes. I am also going to be volunteering at the Tennessee School for the Deaf. I had a nice conversation with a man that works at the school, and he gave me some names and numbers of people to contact about volunteering there, so we shall see how things work out.
Other then that Institute was nice tonight, and then I went to the library, read a BUNCH, and now I am going to get in the shower and go to bed. Tomorrow I will wake up around 8:30, go to the gym, do some homework and then go to my one class of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment